Sunday, May 9, 2010

Anniversary... and a Glimpse of the First Year

Today is our 1st wedding anniversary, and I can't believe it has been an entire year since our wedding! I will be honest- there were some adjustments and compromises that we both had to make, and there have been a few days when I wanted to shoot darts out of my eyes in his general direction, but this has definitely been the most wonderful, exciting year of my life. Daniel is THE most patient, even-tempered, thoughtful man I have ever met, and I am so blessed to be married to him.



One year ago today...





















A few days later, we left for our honeymoon to Jamaica, where we sat around on a beach and I gained 5 pounds that I think I will NEVER again be able to lose. (We also kayaked, snorkeled, and he tried to wind surf)
















Then, after a summer of hard work we got to spend a few days exploring
Chicago!





















A few more days later med school started- and our lives were never the same again...






















In December, Daniel graduated


















.... and then started right back to school.

















This was our first (married) Christmas. He got me a pair of super cute cowboy boots (which I am not wearing in this picture because he hadn't given them to me yet) and I got him a drill press. I don't have a clue what it does, but he had been wanting it for a LONG time.


















It snowed so much that we BOTH got a snow day (he got several, actually), so we headed out to mom and dad's to abuse the four-wheelers.

















We had SO much fun that day in the snow that we decided we wanted to go snowskiing, so over spring break we went to Red River, NM and pretty much had the whole mountain to ourselves.
















That brings us to today! We ate lunch with my mom and took a walk together (with Cooper), then worked on the bedroom re-do. As our present, we "gave" each other a queen size mattress and new bedroom stuff. I am very pleased with how it turned out, but I don't know how well my camera captures stuff. The room is gray, furniture is black, and bedding is white and green. Come over if you want to see it, because I am VERY proud of it :)

















This evening, we went to Mike's Place for dinner (that's where Daniel proposed). You can't see my feet, but I wore the boots he gave me for Christmas because they are his favorite.
















And now, I need to go eat the top layer of my year-old wedding cake :)

5 comments:

  1. It was an honor to be a part of your special day last year. So glad to see things are going fantastic. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun, love the pictures and happy one year anniversary! Didn't it fly by? Just get ready, Jesse and I are about to hit 4 years in October, and these years have FLOWN by! I mean I know there are days that seem to creep by, but in general, our lives are rapidly speeding up, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Are the boots for when you do the family round-up in Texas??=) Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was your wedding cake good? Ours was so dry and yucky...we were wondering who started that tradition! And isn't it funny that after you get married your gifts to each other start to consist of furniture=)...and you are happy about that! Ask Dale about the mistake of getting a file cabinet before we got married. After we got married, I would have been thrilled. While we were dating I was really not too thrilled(major understatement) of receiving furniture. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wedding cake was actually REALLY good! I sent some home to my parents, and Dad called to see if he could have some more :)

    ReplyDelete