Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kingdoms and Creativity

It's been another stressful week, but I know that is what I signed up for so I am trying to not gripe too much! We got our Gross Anatomy grades back and I was pleased with mine. I am so grateful for God's strength and guidance- many of my classmates will have to repeat this year, but thankfully I will NOT be repeating. Well, unless I fail Neuroscience. I don't think that is going to happen, though.

My Uncle Lloyd has been in the hospital all week having his aortic valve and aorta replaced. I have such a wonderful family that has taken over every aspect of his care since he is not married and his kids aren't really around. My mom, grandma, aunt, and cousin have been sacrificing a lot for him. Things still don't look great, but his surgery was fairly successful so there is still hope.

There are still 2-ish weeks of hard- core studying going on, so here is my kingdom:

















Daniel is done with school, so his kingdom (outside) will hopefully get mowed tomorrow :)

Speaking of Daniel, he is such a thoughtful guy- this is what I came home to today!
















Also, I went to Hobby Lobby this week. It's a pretty dangerous place! We need a new wreath, and I had a lot of fun making one for Christmas, so here is what we ended up bringing home (minus the cat- she was already here):















I will post another picture when I am done- the only problem is that I can't find my hot glue gun anywhere! Sophie jumped in the picture at the last second. She is such a weird little creature.

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea you had a blog!!! I'm totally adding you to my blog reader list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hobby Lobby IS so dangerous! They have so many sales there...I think that's the problem=)

    Do you get the whole summer off? Hang in there! I like how you said, how you're trying not to complain since you knew what you were signing up for. That's what I'm working on, too. Thanks for all the prayers. I'm praying for you, today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get about 10 weeks off, which is good enough for me! I am working for 6 weeks, and will be gone for 2 weeks, but I don't have to study 8-12 hours a day, so I am thrilled!

    ReplyDelete