Friday, October 22, 2010

Paranoia will Destroy-ya

My dog is a punk. He knows I am scared of the dark, and makes creepy noises outside at night to get revenge for me not taking him on the walk I promised during the day. Right now, it sounds like there are 3 grown men on my patio turning things over (there aren't- I checked). It's Cooper.




I keep telling myself I am going to take pictures of things Daniel and I do and post on here, but I always forget to take pictures. I can't have kids because I forget to take pictures and everybody knows that all the good moms follow their kids around 24/7 with cameras. Therefore, I can't have kids.


So here is the last month in words:

First med school test came.... and the computers crashed, systems shut down, and all hell broke loose on the UAMS campus. The test was re-scheduled, giving me an extra 3 days to study. I liked the results :)

Second test came... and went. Third test came... and went. I am pleased with my grades so far, and I think this year is MUCH more interesting than last year.
That covers August and September.

Oh! Oh! I also learned how to suture. That's right. And I am good at it. And if you don't believe me, I have pigs feet in my freezer that I can show you. Actually, I will take pictures of them. My suture lines are a work of art (take THAT all you artsy people who show me up all the time, lol!)


Last week was fall break. I had a blessed 9 days to spend with my family. Mom and I went to Branson for a few days. We shopped and ate and got lost and watched movies and it was great. We stayed on Branson landing by all the stores- PERFECT location!

The day we got home my eye started swelling... and kept swelling... and kept swelling. It has done this before, so I knew what was up and headed to UAMS the next day. I have a virus (the same one that causes cold sores) that is dormant in my trigeminal nerve (it controls muscles of facial expression and cutaneous facial muscles), and occasionally sneaks its way into cutaneous roots and pops up. Usually on my right eyelid. It swells and blisters inside and outside of my eyelid. When it does pop up, I have to start medication immediately because if it ever makes it into the cornea it will eat its way to the retina. Scary, but true. So Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were spent at multiple doctors offices- looking and feeling miserable. My husband is so kind- he told me I was beautiful even when my eye was swollen shut and blistered and I hadn't put on makeup in days.

I told people that Daniel hit me :) It's my dads fault that I am the way that I am.

Even with the eye stuff, I loved being able to be home cleaning and doing laundry for a few days. Things get a little out of control when I am gone for 12-14 hours a day.

By Sunday I was feeling better- just in time to go back to school! It was a pretty interesting week- we are studying blood disorders and I really enjoy that topic.

Today, Daniel and I carved pumpkins. I think they turned out really cute! I will post pictures later.

Last week Daniel got a mountain bike and turned all outdoorsy-sportsman on me. I should have seen it coming. He fixed up my old Walmart bike, and tomorrow we are riding all the way to TCBY. Moral of the story: I will do almost anything for ice cream.






4 comments:

  1. Take pics with your iphone! I've started doing that instead of lugging around ginormocamera. And yes, it is definitely Dad's fault we're like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, why did you change your blog again? I liked the "Dr. Barbie" look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I'm not a good Mom, because I have only taken about 3 pictures of my kids in the past month=) They are too fast for me now...haha.

    I usually take pictures on my phone. The quality isn't the best, but you always have it with you. Zack's iphone actually takes fairly decent pics.

    I want to see your pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never posted pumpkin pics. Note to everyone: you can see them on my facebook pictures. Also, Cooper's mad because you don't take him on walks. I bet he would cuddle with you if you let him inside though! And, I didn't turn all sporty-outdoorsey-whatever! I am who I am....which is a person with many interests. Some ebb and flow, so don't give people the wrong impression. I am NOT a hobby jumper! (sort of)

    ReplyDelete