Thursday, December 2, 2010

4 years and California

How is it December already? This has been a VERY sneaky year. It seems like it should be October, but well- it isn't. I still have 3 weeks of class, OSCEs (exams over my clinical skills), and a major Cardiovascular/Renal exam ahead, but I am definitely on the downhill slope of Year #2- and keeping the grades up!

A few weeks ago I went to San Diego for an AMA conference (American Medical Association). It was a great trip- and it was warm there. And it was a nice break. By break,
I mean that I didn't study for 4 days and then had to pay the price when I came back. :/


We flew into LA and spent the day at a a good friends house. And went to the beach! It was beautiful.... and warm. And we saw movie stars and all kinds of cool things and ate Thai food and Bobs Big Boy Burgers and seafood.


Santa Monica Pier.















I went to the San Diego Zoo... it was SO amazing! This is my favorite picture:














All
of the koalas were asleep in their own trees surrounded by snack food :)




I got very close to tigers...





















And otters....















And hippos! Maybe a little too close to the hippos. They are kind of gross.















No pictures of the conference. They wouldn't be interesting, anyway.


After I came home, we celebrated 4 years together! I don't know how it is possible that we have been together that long, but we have. We didn't do anything super exciting- just went out to eat and then came home and watched and ENTIRE movie together for the first time in... well, I don't know how long it has been. We don't have a lot of free time- we occasionally watch an episode of a t.v. show, but rarely do we have 2 hours to watch a movie! It was very nice.

Lately, our typical evening consists of coming home from school, studying, cooking a quick dinner, then going back to the library to study until it closes (or we fall asleep).

I think they are about to name a table in the periodical room after us.

Walking home in the dark every evening, we tell ourselves that someday we will look back on these days of endless studying with fond memories. But that time could be far away.


We went to Texas for Thanksgiving. It was full of football watching and horseback riding. And eating, of course.


I have been running a lot- 3 or 4 times a week. I really enjoy running- it is such good stress relief. I am doing a 5K on Saturday that I think is going to be a ton of fun!



Next up: Christmas




2 comments:

  1. I can RELATE!!! Your life sounds like ours!! Zack gets home from school around 7 pm. We eat, he plays with the boys, they go to bed, he grades papers, writes papers, studies and I usually spend the evening doing housework since our house is pretty destroyed each day by little people, then we go to bed and do it all again the next day. At least y'all are both studying. It would be hard if just one of you was and the other was bored=) Someday y'all will all have real jobs and all the work will pay off!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you for running! I miss running with you. Boo. I want a koala!!!!! That's the cutest picture ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete