Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bad Week and Brains

Well, I wouldn't say that it is a bad week, but it certainly hasn't been a fun one. After our gross anatomy national board test on Tuesday, I only had Wednesday through Sunday to study for a neuroscience brainstem test. That may sound like a lot of time, but it isn't. I have generally enjoyed my life in med school, despite all of the studying, but this week has just been overwhelming for me.

Example: this is a cross section of your pons (the middle part of your brainstem.) I have 10 cross sections like this with about 20 things a piece to know... and my brain is tired of studying itself!










I actually think it looks more like a frog.

Brains are very incredible- so intricate and perfect and just amazing. I just don't see how anybody could doubt that they were created by a perfect Creator.

A lot of this studying took place at the favorite Starbucks, where the coffee dudes/dudettes give us free samples and stuff like that. We (me and W) probably spend too much time there. We pulled out our brainstem models to study and got some pretty funny looks....

Last week we let M join us for Starbucks studying and he brought his skull along. THAT was very, very disturbing.









This is a picture of my fake brainstem (well, one like mine). I have a real one- other than the one in my head- but I leave it at school.




No comments:

Post a Comment